If we had to ask you right now which social platform you enjoy spending most of your time on, we’re quite sure Instagram would be up there 9 times out of 10. When it was launched in 2010 Facebook snapped it up in 2012 for (as Doctor Evil would say) 1 Billion Dollars! Since then Instagram has taken the mobile photo-sharing niche by storm, with no signs of stopping soon. Our strategic marketing agency Dubai sourced the web and put together a few of the latest Instagram facts to see how they are doing in 2017…
1. Most users are between the ages of 18-29 years old.
2. 60% of the top brands use the same filter for every post.
3. 60% say that they use Instagram to learn more about a product or service on the platform.
4. 32% of all internet users are on Instagram.
5. More than 40 Billion photos have been uploaded to Instagram. (That’s quite a cloud server)
6. The most popular hashtags used are #love #instagood #me #cute #follow
7. Posts with at least one hashtag received 12.6% more engagement.
8. Fun Fact: Pizza is the most Instagrammed food globally. (Pizza Express anyone?)
9. Famous influencers have been known to charge up-to $100,000 and more for a sponsored post.
10. 68% of Instagram users are female.
Are they bigger than Facebook? Not quite, but they certainly are on track and also seem to bring a different demographic to the forefront.
Facebook vs Instagram? We know where our money would go… and it’s #instagood!
At Oceanum, we bring you all the latest digital technologies and aim to work with you as a partner to best leverage your brand using these social trends.
If this is all too much for you and you are about to throw your laptop out the window, get in touch with us and we would love to meet up with you for a cup of coffee.